A photojournalist Munesuke Yamamoto captured the moments at the massive anti-nuclear protest in Shinjuku, Tokyo. He mentioned that it seemed that broader generations participated in and each person’s message became more their own than the last month’s protest in Shibuya. Check out his blog to see his great pictures HERE.
Also, here’s the scene from the rally at Shinjuku ALTA Mae.
The protesters made the five demands on the Japanese government:
- Stop the all operating nuclear power plants.
- Not to re-start reactors that are not currently operating for testing.
- Stop building a new nuclear reactor.
- Revoke the 20 millisievert per year radiation exposure limit for children.
- Change the nation’s energy policy from nuclear generation to renewable energy one.